Monday, May 31, 2010

Universal Studios Hollywood

*****
While KT went to the river this weekend, AC and I went to Universal Studios.
*****

The cars from the Fast and the Furious.
****

This use to be 1313 Mockingbird Drive, the home of the Munsters.
Now it belongs to one of the women (can't remember which) on Wisteria Lane
in Desperate Housewives.
****
These two really need no explanation.


****
This was from War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise.
It was actually kind of traumatic to see.
It was a jet crash scene with a real 747 and a neighborhood totally destroyed.
****


Some nice oriental man took this for us.
I reciprocated by taking one of him and his wife.
****
Krustyland and the Simpsons Ride.
This ride was by far the best. Think Star Tours at Disneyland, only on this ride, instead of the action just being in front of you, it's all around you. You actually felt like you were in the cartoon. It was my favorite of the day.
****
We ran into Lisa Simpson when we got off the ride.
****

AC and the dudes from Apollo 13.
****
The Mummy Returns ride.
OK, but very, very short. Not as terrifying as I thought either.
****
Me, excited that I made the height requirement for the rides.
The Jurassic Park ride was fun. Of course, we were in the very front row and got soaked.
****


When he shook my hand he almost broke it.
****

The stunt show was pretty cool.


****
The animal show was very short and very lacking in content and substance.
But the monkey was cute.

****
All in all, we had a really fun time, but I don't think I will go back for a few years.
There just really isn't that much to do.
There are only 4 rides and 4 shows.
And at $70 a pop, I'd rather go to Disneyland.
The rides were fun, but, call me biased, they were missing that magic that
Disney rides all have.
*****



No comments: