Friday, September 13, 2013

50th Birthday and Disneyland 5K

At the Expo


Katy and I in our hotel robes on our way to the pool.  We stayed at the Grand Californian, which is right at Downtown Disney and California Adventure


The Start line, Saturday morning at 5am.




Start of the run



Running through California Adventure, you can see the Mickey ferris wheel in the background.



Running down Main St. in Disneyland



The next morning




My medal




Katy and Jace watching Mickey cartoons in the lobby of the hotel.  It was gorgeous, nothing but wood and Craftsman style furniture.




Of course, our first ride....Small World




Had to go to the Tiki Room and get my Dole Whip




Tower of Terror, my new favorite ride




I kept saying all I wanted was a turkey leg and a Dole Whip. I got both.  Here is the turkey leg. It was huge and fed Katy and myself, with a few bites to Jade.





At Farrell's on my birthday.


No comments: