Tuesday, December 16, 2008

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

WEEKLY WRAP-UP
12/8/2008-12/14/2008
.
WEATHER: some wind, mostly sunny around 80, until Saturday then we started getting rain.
.
SUNDAY SERMON: Pastor Greg spoke of Christmas and Christ's return.
.
LIFE LESSONS: I'm a big girl now and can drive a far distance all by myself!
.
FAVORITE MEALS: onion taco cornbread
.
TREASURED MOMENTS: I got to shop by myself! Drinking my Godiva Dark Chocolate Decadence drink; taking a wonderful nap (even though I felt horrid).
.
TALKED WITH: mom, big sis
.
THINGS I READ: Praying God's Word, Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries, The Pillars of the Earth
.
WHAT WE WATCHED: the kids and T watched Drillbit Taylor
.
PLACES I/WE WENT: I had an adventure (see pics below); the recycling place; T and I went to superwalmart; I went to the mall; to the Tapout wherehouse.
.
BUDGET SAVERS/BUSTERS: Well, it was kind of a mixture, I mean, buying Christmas presents is a buster but I got some pretty good deals.
.
BLESSINGS: my little adventure
.
CHALLENGES: driving 160 miles round trip all by myself (through LA no less); keeping up on my chores (which I did really well); walking every single day (which I also did really well).
.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: see challenges
.
FAMILY HAPPENINGS: KT had a dance on Friday. She got socked in the face by some 8th grade boy who was dancing crazy. She had a little bruise, but she's ok. It was totally an accident.
We went to the Tapout wherehouse for a huge sale late Sunday afternoon. I hadn't been feeling all that great ever since I was at the mall (hence I took that wonderful nap when I got home). I started feeling really sick inside the Tapout place and had to go outside and sit down. Extremely nauseous. I finally threw up sometime in the middle of the night. Austin and I were out for yesterday with it. We're both feeling better, but not quite up to snuff today.
.
.
.
MY ADVENTURE:
On Wednesday, I had to go to the corporate office on the other side of L.A. for a training meeting:

.
On the drive there, all of a sudden, there was the Disney Studios right off the freeway!!!! I didn't have time to stop. I spent most of the meeting thinking about jumping off the freeway on the way home.
So that's just what I did. Unfortunately, I didn't see the arrow pointing right, which is where I wanted to go and instead went left, onto Bob Hope Dr.
I thought I was lost. There was no Disney studio here.
.
But I did get to see this:

.
And this:

.
Then, finally, I went around a few corners, and I saw this:


.
And then, there it was:

.
This was the best part....the Animation Building:

.
The pictures aren't the greatest because I didn't get out of my car. Since I know where everything is now, I'm going to check on going on a tour.
.
I also got to see this on the way home:
.
I was almost home and just thanking God for taking what could have been a really stressful and/or boring thing and making it into such a fun thing,
and He goes and does this:
.
Not something you see every day (even in California).

***************************************************
Project 365 pictures
.
#154; 12/8

.
#155; 12/9...my Rudolph shelf

.
#156; 12/10

.
#157; 12/11.....downtown Riverside

.
#158; 12/12....AC and friends playing RockBand
.
#159; 12/13....me trying to take a picture of the moon through some clouds; obviously I should have gotten out the tripod
.
#155; 12/14....what we do on a cold, rainy day









3 comments:

Unknown said...

What did you think of The Heroin Diaries? Did you listen to Crue back in the day? Josh loved the Heroin Diaries, and we have the album based on the booked called Sixx AM. It's really good (with some language - but a lot of musicality).

Anonymous said...

What a fun detour you got to take. The best part was the plane on a trailer. I have seen that before IRL, but it's been a long time.

As to you're weather, I think you can safely guess what I'm thinking.

CrossView said...

You should be proud! That's a great trip to have survived! LOL! DOn't mind me, I hate road trips!

Glad KT's ok. I thought things like that only happened to me. =P