Wednesday, September 24, 2008

NOT SO WORDLESS WEDNESDAY #18

.
.
This is for my mom and eldest sister, who haven't been to our hometown in years.
Last week I had to take Jade the stuff I made for her bake sale. I can't seem to be able to go there without taking a detour up to the house.
(this is the house where I spent my first 24 years):

.
Gramma's house:

.

The Women's Improvement Club..site of my eldest sister's wedding reception and a few fashion shows; and mom's Triple M ( I never did know what that really stood for)

(and why women needed "improvement", I don't know)

.

The house again:


.
The alley, looking at Gramma's garage:

.

The back of Gramma's house:

.

This is where we would turn to go home after Mom had picked us up from school. There used to be a mailbox there. When they took it out, she had trouble remembering where to turn:

.

This is my elementary school. (it's a horrible picture because I was driving and school was letting out. I was sure someone was going to take down my plate number and call the cops because I was taking pictures when all the kids were getting out of school).

.

That's it!! I'm sure I'll take tons more pictures this Saturday at Jade's walkathon. We walk around Grand. They have the whole circle closed for it.

.

.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma has a great house. Did you ever try to climb the palm tree at your house?

Unknown said...

Oh your grandma's house was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Di said...

Alice, no not the palm tree. We had a sycamore tree out back that we climbed.

Meg, that's how it looks now. The people who bought it really fixed it up.

CrossView said...

Wow! You actually live close enough to go by?

I envy you that!

My Dad was military, so we lived everywhere. And I'd love to be able to visit my childhood home. Any of them! LOL!