Monday, September 22, 2008

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

.

WEATHER: hot in the beginning of the week, but then beautiful by the weekend (around 80-85)
.
SUNDAY SERMON: Pastor Greg spoke about heaven.
.
LIFE LESSONS: there is such a thing as slowing down TOO much, I was starting to feel lazy
.
FAVORITE MEALS: ziti and sausage
.
TREASURED MOMENTS: KT being so excited that she made the school volleyball team; driving around my hometown when I took Jade the stuff for the bake sale; T coming to AC's game and KT's back to school night.
.
TALKED WITH: mom
.
THINGS I READ: finally finished Rhett Butler's People; Max Lucado's No Wonder They Call Him Savior; Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life
.
WHAT WE WATCHED: We Are Marshall (good, and I didn't cry!!); Intervention (me); America's Next Top Model (me and KT), Cops, TMZ, football
.
PLACES WE WENT: AC's game; KT's back to school night; I went to church
.
BUDGET SAVERS/BUSTERS: NO busters this week!!! Saver: I owed AC a game for his bday, it was supposed to be $40 but since he exchanged in some old games, it was only $24!!; only spent $130 on groceries!
.
BLESSINGS: stayed within budget
.
CHALLENGES: none really
.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: actually watched one of our Netflix movies; Saturday marked 6 weeks without drinking.
.
FAMILY HAPPENINGS: KT had Volleyball tryouts Mon, Tues, and Wed. She made the team; AC had an away game on Thurs, he didn't get to play but then won 22-8; We had KT's back to schoool night on Thurs and met all her teachers; Terry and I made a side bet with football, whoever has the most wins at the end of the season gets taken out to dinner by the other person, so far we're tied.
.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 6 weeks! And the budget! Me, I'm way over budget and not likey to get back in line anytime soon. Sigh.

Unknown said...

YAY on 6 weeks! I'm always praying for you sweetie! Love ya!

CrossView said...

Awesome on the 6 weeks!

I've got to get back on track with the budget.... Aargh!

I love any book by Max Lucado!

LOL @ slowing down too much! I haven't found time for that yet- so I'm actually jealous! =D

Anonymous said...

"there is such a thing as slowing down TOO much, I was starting to feel lazy"

I am a really busy mom too. Time on the couch doing noting always sounds so great but then when I get it, I feel crappy and lazy.