Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY #20

.
I found these in a box in my closet last week.
We've got Larry the Lion on the left. His eyes are missing and his voice doesn't work anymore.
In front of him is a puppet my neighbor Katy made for me when I had my tonsils taken out
when I was 5 (4o years ago!!!!).
Then there's the funky clown with the pointy head. He hung from my ceiling for the longest.
Then there's Puppy. I love Puppy. He's one of the most special things I've ever had.
And, last but not least, everything is laying on top of NightNight, my blanket. (called NightNight because I was only allowed to have it a night).
Ahhhhhh, memories of a very well-lived, well-loved childhood.

.
.

6 comments:

Svr said...

Ah! Don't you just love wlking down memory lane? I have three stuffed animals I finally let the girls have, Robin the Racoon, Pal the floppy eared dog and Sealia the Seal from Sea World.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had had some thing from my childhood as a keep sake.

Anonymous said...

How fun. A walk down memory lane.

I post a tv flashback every WW. Check it out and see if you can name it. This week is a 70's cartoon.

Nicole said...

And I thought my childhood toys took a beating lol! I love memories and old toys and blankies! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I posted a new blog that you will enjoy much more than the last one ;o)

Jen said...

I still have a teddy bear from when I was a baby and that I loved to death when I was growing up...I couldn't go anywhere with out my pinky!

CrossView said...

How awesome that you still have all your good stuff!

And well-loved..... Reminds me of The Velveteen Rabbit!