Monday, August 25, 2008

WEEKLY WRAP-UP

WEEKLY WRAP-UP
8/18/2008-8/24/2008
WEATHER: really nice, around 95. Until yesterday.....it was 109.
SUNDAY SERMON: didn't make it to church but my memory verse was Psalm 55:22...."Give your burdens to the Lord and He will take care of you. He will not allow the godly to slip and fall.
LIFE LESSONS: pray, pray, pray.
FAVORITE MEAL(S): Taco nite
TREASURED MOMENTS: KT's first day of Jr High! Seeing AC really suck up the pain (no more crybaby!!); when we went to Dairy Queen and I was licking my ice cream, AC saying to me, "Ewww, mom! You just made out with that ice cream!"
TALKED WITH: my mom, Stacy
THINGS I READ: finished Life Management for Busy Women; started Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney
WHAT WE WATCHED: "21"; it was ok. Made me really want to go to Vegas!
PLACES WE WENT: Urgent Care; Kt's Jr High registration; Taco Nite; Angel's game
BUDGET SAVERS/BUSTERS: Busters: $30 AC Urgent Care; $10 Katy p.e. clothes; $28 AC armpads and chin pad. Savers: coupon for FREE smoothie from Jack in the Box
BLESSINGS: no broken bones! good insurance! T feeling better!
CHALLENGES: T really sick on Fri and Sat, had to go to the game just me and the kids, got kinda sorta lost on the way home (I knew where I was and where I needed to be, I just couldn't put the two together).
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: I figured it out and got us home! Lost 2 lbs!
FAMILY HAPPENINGS: We thought AC broke his thumb in practice on Tues. He got it tangled up in the quarterback's face mask. Thankfully it was just a bad sprain.
KT spent the night at a friend's house on Tues and went to the community pool.
AC, KT, and I went to the Angel's game on Sat night. The Angel's beat the Minnesota Twins 7-5. It was a really good game. We tried to hangout on the walkway for awhile after so we could watch the fireworks from Disneyland, but the kicked us out.
PHOTOS:

AC's brace (which he wore for a total of 1 day):

************************************
AC in his gear (is this what you wanted Jade?)

***************************************

Angel Stadium

**********************************

A double with bases loaded!!

***********************************


Crossing home!!


************************************
MN is having trouble on the mound

****************************************

7th inning stretch

*******************************

WE WIN!!!! (Sorry Mom)
*************************************

3 comments:

Jaded said...

thats exactly what i wanted! thank you!

Unknown said...

Man AC looks so grown up! I'm glad T is feeling better. LOVEYA!

CrossView said...

"I knew where I was and where I needed to be, I just couldn't put the two together"
ROFL! That sounds soooo familiar!
Loved it!